LYCOPENE is what gives rose its pinkish colour. It’s also naturally found in human skin but gets depleted over time. Lycopene belongs to the family of intensely coloured anti-oxidants known as Carotenoids, which are found within the lipid layers of the skin. It plays a major role in skin health and influences the colour of your skin. Lycopene may be the best free radical scavenger among carotens – it is at least twice as effective an antioxidant as beta carotene.
• Fighting Cancer – Several studies that eating vegetables rich in lycopene, such as tomatoes or tomato-based products, may reduce the risk of getting cancer. Carotenoids work to protect against cancer and aging-related diseases by acting as an antioxidant to counteract damaging effects of free radicals in tissue.
• Preventing heart diseases – lycopene is found to prevent oxidation of lipids and low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) and reduced the risk of a person developing atherosclerosis and coronary heart diseases.
• Keeping skin healthy – lycopene may help reduce the damage to the skin caused by UV light during and after sun exposure. Lycopene has the ability to quench free radicals, which are highly reactive compounds that are formed in the body from normal metabolism. As well as from environmental pollutants and radiation.
• Anti-Oxidant – prevent oxidative stress in most cells and help to trap free radicals than can damage DNA and RNA
• Protects tissues by neutralizing free radicals, improves the system, prevent liver and kidney damage.
• Regulation of cellular events – including gene expression, DNA and protein synthesis, cell growth and immune response.
• Increase energy, improve circulation, slow ageing and protect the skin
• Helps counteract the toxic effects of excessive consumption of alcohol and many of the toxic effects of cigarette smoking.
ALPHA LIPOIC ACID
• ALA works together with Vitamin C & E. Important for growth, helps prevent cell damage and helps the body rid itself of harmful substances.
• ALA may relieves symptoms ( such as pain, burning, itching, tingling and numbness) of peripheral neuropathy caused by diabetes.
• ALA lowers blood sugar level and prevents kidney damage associated with diabetes.
• Useful in the treatment of chronic hepatitis by relieving stress on the liver and helps eliminate body toxins.
VITAMIN E / TOCOPHEROL
• Powerful antioxidant
• Break down fats
• Protects the body’s cells and other important nutrients
• Aids healing
• Prevents thrombosis
• Increase oxygen efficiency, thus increase fitness
• Vital for the nervous system to function correctly
• Treatment of colds and flu
• Relief stress, alcoholism, toxic poisoning and osteoarthritis
• Important for the immune system to function effectively
• Speeds healing of wounds and torn tissues and ensures growth
• Helps the body of absorb iron properly and to breakdown folic acid into a form which the body can use.